Family Food Favorites
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Dad and company can make this creamy, foolproof confection on their own -- no oven (and no Mom) required! That's because this cake "cooks" in the refrigerator. All you do is prepare a few ingredients.
1 (10 3/4-ounce) pound cake
1 (3 1/8-ounce) box of instant pudding
1 cup whipped topping
Fruit (we used 2 bananas and 4 large strawberries)
Mint sprigs (optional)
Chilled chocolate syrup
1. Slice the pound cake into several horizontal slices about an inch thick.
2. Prepare the pudding according to package directions. Mix the pudding with the whipped topping.
3. Chop up the fresh fruit you've chosen.
4. Layer the cake, fruit, and a little less than half of the pudding mixture in a loaf pan. Then top the cake with the remaining pudding.
5. Put the cake in the fridge for a couple of hours. When it's chilled, decorate it; we topped ours with trimmed strawberries and mint sprigs.
6. Squeeze on a greeting with chilled chocolate syrup. Then serve Mom a sweet treat on her special day.
Source: FamilyFun magazine.
Posted by Rae
Prepared by Rae ::
12:34 PM ::
Search the recipe box