Family Food Favorites
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Orange Spiced Pork Roast
2-3 lbs boneless pork roast
Salt & pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup orange juice
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mulling spices (cinnamon, allspice, cloves & orange rindnd)
1. Place the roast in a slow cooker and sprinkle with salt, pepper and minced garlic. Pour orange juice and Worcestershire sauce over the roast. Add mulling spices to the liquid and cover.
2. Cook roast about 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high
3. Turn the roast over about half way through cooking time so it flavors evenly.
4. Once the roast is cooked, it will be a fantastic main course served over rice, with your favorite side dishes, or in a sandwich.
5. The cooking liquid can also be made into a sauce or gravy; just remember to strain the liquid first to remove the leftover bits of mulling spice.
Labels: Crockpot, Pork
Prepared by Rae ::
10:13 AM ::
Search the recipe box