Family Food Favorites
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 Peanut Brittle


2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/4 cups salted peanuts, broken
1 tbsp butter

Melt sugar in large skillet on a medium heat,until melted and golden brown in color, taking care not to scorch.

Add butter to peanuts and warm.

When sugar is melted add warmed peanuts, stir and spread onto greased cookie sheet. Let cool and break into desired sized pieces.

Note: I do not use the full amount of butter if I am greasing the cookie sheet I find it is to greasy for my liking. Also I warm the peanuts on the stove so they are handy when needed. This recipe makes apporx. 1lb of Peanut Brittle and stores nicely for a long time.

Posted by Crazy Gramma

Prepared by crazygramma :: 10:10 AM :: 0 comments Search the recipe box

---------------oOo---------------