Family Food Favorites
Monday, September 11, 2006
1 package Duncan Hines Blueberry Muffin Mix, seperated
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened. (see Tip)
1/2 cup crumb mixtures, reserved from Crust
Can of blueberries from Mix
1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed, drained and sliced
2 tbsp sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
2. For crust, place muffin mix in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives. Spread evenly in ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Do not press. Bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes. Stir. Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture against bottom and sides of pie plate to form crust. Cool completely.
3. For filling, spread ice cream over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze several hours or until firm.
4. For topping, rinse blueberries from Mix with cold water and drain. Combine strawberries and sugar, if desired.
5. To serve, let pie stand 5 minutes at room temperature. Top with blueberries and strawberries.
Tip: Ice cream can be softened by allowing to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or place in refridgerator for 30 minutes.
Source: Great American Favorite Brand Name Cook Book
Prepared by Rae ::
9:00 AM ::
Search the recipe box