Family Food Favorites
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Ten Inch Double Crust
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup shortening
7 to 8 tbsp cold water
1. For pie dough, spoon flour and salt into medium bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or two knives until all flour is blended to form pea-size chunks.
2. Sprinkle with water, one tbsp at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough will form a ball. Divide dough in half.
3. Roll between sheets of waxed paper on dampened counter top until 1-inch larger than upside down pie plate. Peel off top sheet and transfer bottom crust to pie plate.
4. Trim edge even with pie plate. Add desired filling to unbaked pie crust. Moisten pastry edge with water.
5. Lift top crust onto filled pie plate. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top edge under bottom crust. Flute. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. Bake according to specific recipe directions.
Note: For recipes using a baked pie crust, heat oven to 425F. Prick bottom and sides about 50 times with a fork to prevent shrinkage. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Posted by Rae
Prepared by Rae ::
9:06 AM ::
Search the recipe box