Family Food Favorites
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 Chocolates

This is a recipe that my mother used every Christmas with the results being wonderful. I myself have not made them because I am a recovering choco-a-holic.


1st mixture

Whip 3 eggs for 15 minutes then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla

2nd mixture

3/4 lb. soft butter
Work in 3 lbs. of icing sugar

Beat the eggs in the 2nd mixture and whip well

Chill until firm and then roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet to chill again.

Melt semi-sweet chocolate, remove from heat and roll balls in chocolate, then nuts or coconut.

Chill well.

**My mom melted the chocolate in a pie plate over a pot of boiling water.**

These freeze very nicely.

Posted by Crazy Gramma

Prepared by crazygramma :: 8:04 AM :: 0 comments Search the recipe box

---------------oOo---------------